An Introduction to Wine Making
Sat, May 14th
10 am – 2 pm
The Boeing Employees Wine and Beer Maker’s Club (BEWBC) in coordination with Larry’s Brewing and Supply, is once again pleased offer an introduction to wine making program to be held at Larry’s Brewing and Supply in Tukwila, 790 Andover Park E, Tukwila.
This is a 4 hour program intended to introduce those interested in winemaking to the principles and processes of making wine from fruit and quality grapes. While the topic of fruit and white wine making will be discussed, the primary emphasis will be on making red wine from premium grapes.
This introduction to wine making also serves as a prelude to the Fundamentals of Winemaking Class, a two day class held later in the summer. Additional information about the Fundamentals class will be shared during this session, including cost (about $35) for the class as well as the availability of grapes.
The Introduction to Wine Making is free and open to the public.
For more information about BEWBC, please visit BEWBC.org
or contact Larry’s Brewing Supply, 253-872-6846 and at
Friday, March 18th - 7:00-9:00 pm
Larry's Brewing supply in Tukwila
(790 Andover Park E, Tukwila, WA 98188)
March Joint Meeting with the Impaling Alers
Madness marches on, but we brewers are relaxing,having a homebrew and going to a gathering of the Alers. There will be countless basketball games in March, but only one Aler meeting! You have no excuses, unless you are helping out at NHC as a judge or steward (let me know if you still want to help)! And thanks again for all who showed up to the bottle sort. We stared down the legions of bottles, smiled wryly and then sorted the bajeebers out of them and finished early. Sooo, to make up for all those Alers on the front lines Friday, we need all hands on deck to keep the meeting epic.
What's on deck? In no particular order:
- FeBrew - How'd they get their beer so dark without any dark malts or food coloring? And how does that beer taste, look and smell? They had to get fermentables less than 5 SRM and have a beer >15 SRM, or something like that. We should have a club officer in charge of writing this kinda stuff down ...
- Skagit Valley Malting - A local maltster will be giving a talk on the importance of keeping your brewery clean. No wait, this just in, he will be talking about malt and their great new local products. interwebz: http://skagitvalleymalting.com/
- Warlords of Acquisition - The fearsome duo will regale us with the goings on at JBLM and the PNW Homebrew Convention. Thanks again for everyone who stepped up to setup/teardown at the events, and more importantly to those provided more brew than one can imagine for two back-to-back events. 3 if you count St. Patty's Day at Larry's. And 4 if you count this meeting ...
- Show 'n' Tell - Some intrepid Alers went seriously old school and made a stein beer by heating rocks to 1.3 quadrillion degrees and throwing them into wort to boil it. Here all about it!
- Style Sherpa - Two words: Import Stouts. Or is that Export Stouts. Import/Export Stouts? Imported Export Stouts? Non-exported domestic export stouts? Re-imported Stouts? Man, I'm completely befuddled, Style Sherpa help me! And sorry, waaay more than 2 words.
- Food, fun, homebrew - bring food and homebrew, we will make the fun together.
sean "st00w3rd" drew
The club website is currently having problems with the calendar and will continue to do so until it is upgraded (work is in progress). In the meantime, remember that every third Friday is a joint beer meeting with the Impaling Alers homebrew club at Larry's Brewing Supply. Wine meetings will be posted on the website and we will make an effort to contact registered members about the event. As a reminder, don't forget to renew your membership for 2015!
You can also follow our Facebook page that we will try to start using more frequently!